Temporary accommodation for homeless asylum seekers, refugees, vulnerable migrants
Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm; Friday 10am to 3pm
Eligibility & Referral
See website (link below) for a full list of eligibility criteria and how to make a referral
Matching homeless asylum seekers, refugees, and vulnerable migrants to generous people in the community with spare rooms. Here they can stay, rent free, for a set time.
Sanctuary Hosting works throughout the Thames Valley, in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Berkshire.
- Accommodation in private homes
- The hosts voluntarily offer use of a spare room
- No cost
- Finite agreed period of time
- Full list of eligibility criteria can be found on the Sanctuary Hosting website
Key functions & activities offered
- Practicalities vary in line with the wishes of the host and guest - eg arrangements for meals (all placements have access to cooking facilities)
- Guests connected with volunteer support worker to help access English lessons, activities, volunteering, etc
- Small subsistence/travel costs may be offered